8/13/2013

Rabies injection

Today Leya took her third and last rabies injection since she got badly scratched by the neighbor's cat a few weeks ago.
She was so afraid that she totally paniced. Finally I had to force her to sit in my lap and I hold her arms really hard.
I told the pharmasist to do it even though she screamed like a stabbed pig, like we say in Sweden.
Now you may think I'm a really bad mother and that Leya is traumatized for life, but she actually thanked me after and made me promise I would always hold her like that when she gets an injection.
I asked if she wants me to hold her even when she is grown up and she said it wasn't necessary since adults are more careful than children and rarely needs injections.
The good thing is that she is protected from rabies now and if she takes one more injection next summer, she will be boosted for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment