8/06/2013

A recap

Here comes a short recap from the last weeks:
1. I went to see a beagle puppy and we ended up moving to the sellers huge vacant flat instead.
So now we have three big rooms, a huge bathroom, a huge, proper kitchen and power almost all day since the neighbor belongs to another power group, so the houses have switched cables. (Maybe it's difficult to understand, but if you live in Nepal, you know what I'm rambling about).
Love it! It's only one thing: I miss the mountain view!
2. A brother to our sister's next door from where we lived before came home from USA to marry his college sweetheart. We were invited to the wedding dinner the day after the marriage and to our surprise only the groom was there. The bride was admitted to hospital because of weakness. Probably it had been stressful, but it was kind of sad that she wasn't there.
They had the most delicious buff meat, but I'm amazed, as always, that they care so little about decorating the wedding dinner place. Plastic chairs, no tables and concret floor and walls.
3. Kalee, the dog that lived in the old house before we moved in there when we came from Delhi, got poisoned. Even though the vet tried to do everything he could, Kalee died in my arms the following day. It was horrible to see him suffer the whole night and if I ever have a dog that gets poisoned like that again I will put it down right away. Once the symptoms show it's too late. My heart broke a little bit when Kalee died.
It was the fifth dog that was poisoned in our neighborhood in a short period of time, so I was glad we moved just a few days after. It didn't feel safe to keep Angel and Nani in our street.
4. We celebrated my birthday and our 10:th wedding aniversery the 25:th of July. First we had planned for a big party with all our friends and then Nicholas and I would go to Pokhara alone for a couple days. Then we decided for a small party with just a few friends, but since we moved just a few days before we had no energy at all to celebrate. Nicholas and Leya had fever that particular day, so we went to Boudhanath and ate dinner at the first place we could find, since the rain poured down and we had forgotten our umbrellas. (A mistake you should learn from the first 10 times it happens. During monsun season it will rain every day, even though the sky is blue and the sun is happily shining).
5. I got a terrible flu. Nicholas and Leya recovered quickly from their fever, but I was sleeping my fever off for almost five days.
6. I finally got my Gold membership at the marketplace Alibaba.
7. Suddenly I was into doing business with rudraksha and bodhi seeds. For Chinese people they are more worth than gold and I have to run from one supplier to another to gather information and prices. Very interesting with new things! So much to learn. These seeds are famous thanks to Buddha and are used in prayer malas. The current trend says: big rudrakshas and small bodhi seeds.
Crazy, but fun!
8. I actually enjoy washing dishes at a kitchen bench after almost 1,5 year sitting on the floor with a bucket.
9. Today we invested in a vaccum cleaner. Wow!
Over and out for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment