9/07/2013

Teej festival

Tomorrow it's the women festival Teej. Read more about it here.
You can also read about Leya's and my last year's celebrations here.
Today I started thinking. The women dress up once a year in their wedding sari.
Imagine the variaty of dresses you would see in a Christian country if the women dressed up in their wedding gowns.
My mom, for example, would walk down the street in a light blue, polyester, thigh short dress. When she got married in -73 she was young and a little bit thinner.
My wedding dress wouldn't be that far off in this part of the world. It was a marron, shiny, two part dress, but it wouldn't fit nowadays. A sari is better over years since the size is flexible.
Imagine how many wedding gowns that are just hanging in wardrobs all over the world, longing to come out. Just for one day.
I will take photos and let you know how it was. Of course I will try to get in to the temple at Pashupatinath this year too, but I don't have any illusions that I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment