2/13/2014

Prayer flag print

If you think that everything is made by high tech machines this will show you how most things are made here in Nepal.
I suppose you have seen the Buddhist prayer flags.
They come in thousands and thousands, especially in the area where we live around the Buddhist Boudhanath stupa.
We have found a man that is sitting in his small shop printing flags all day long and he gave me an idea.
I think the prayers are so beautiful. I have no idea what they say, but they feel soothing and peaceful.
Why not print on fabric and make, for example, cushion covers? So I cut a few pieces of old saris I had at home, I have a few as you can imagine, and went to him today.
He smiled and thought I was a complete lunitic, but he printed them for me.
First he rolled black color at the block print laying in front of him.
He put the fabric on the block print.
Then he rolled the fabric like a dough.
Voilá! Fantastic result!
Here is a print with prayers and LungTa, the Windhorse.
And here is Tara, who is a Buddhist diety.

No comments:

Post a Comment