11/15/2013

Leya's birthday

I can't believe it's seven years since I had an emergency c-section and Leya come in to our lives.
Date: 16 November 2006
Time: 12.28 pm
Length: 52 cm
Weight: 4464 gr
She was born a Thursday at lunch time. Since we have a tradition in Sweden to eat pancakes on Thursdays and pancakes are my favorite food, I will never forget it.
A few happenings from the delivery day I'd like to share with you:
1. The only time I was angry with Nicholas was when we drove to the hospital and he drove through an intersection too fast.
2. My mother was my doula, read more about a doula here. Since I knew Nicholas needed to smoke from time to time I wanted someone to stay next to my side at all times and my mom did a fantastic job.
3. At one time I had two midwives, one doctor and the head doctor in the room trying to figure out what was wrong.
4. The doctor tried to pull out Leya's hair with tweezers when she was still inside the uterus even though both my mother and I firmly told the doctor I never had an IUD (spiral).
5. When I was in very painful labour I screamed about next time we were going to have a kid. (Very strange behaviour!)
6. I fell in love with the laughing gas.
7. The doctor said it felt like stitching in jelly when he and another doctor spent two hours (it normally takes one hour and one doctor) to close my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment