10/01/2013

Orphanage

Our neighbour house is an orphanage and we knew when we moved here that it's a Christian home.
Every day the poor kids have to get up at five and sing songs. The boys sometimes wear a t-shirt and shorts, but the girls always have a grey, full home dress.
The other day the owners of the orphanage came and it felt like we suddenly were in US and in an Amish area.
The married men have beards and the unmarried men are shaved. They are dressed exactly the same.
The women have full covering dresses and knot hair style. Not a single hair is loose.
I think I'm a rather open person, but when it comes to religious extremes I just don't understand. Regardless religion I must add.
I'm wondering how these kids will manage to live in the Nepalese society when they grow up, since they don't have any Hindu or Buddhist traditions at all.
Why do some Christians have the urge to convert people to their faith? This is one of the reasons I have problems with Christianity.
I believe in God, but I believe in my way.
I think Jesus would have been very sad if he knew how some people are misusing his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment